Friday, January 29, 2016

Why I keep dropping my NRA membership

Last month, in a fit of pique with anti-gun a$$h01%S, I joined the NRA.

This isn't the first time I've done that.  In the past XX years I must have joined, then failed to renew, my NRA membership at least a dozen times.

Why do I quit?

Let me tell you about THIS time, as it's fresh in my memory:

As soon as I (re)joined the NRA, they sent me a WELCOME letter with my membership card. (I had specified "no magazine", as I can read it in the barbershop down the street every monty.)

Then they sent me another letter, asking me to renew my membership.  Hey, I just JOINED!

Then they sent me another letter, asking me to renew my membership "early" so I could "save a lot of money".

Then they sent me another letter, asking me to send a "donation".

Then they sent me another letter, and I don't know exactly what they were asking, but money was certainly part of the plea.

Then they sent me another letter, which I opened but didn't read as soon as I saw the word RENEW.

Then they sent me another letter, which offered me insurance.

Then they sent me another letter, which was a "Dues Increase Notification".

Then they sent me another letter, which I looked at and didn't read.

Then they sent me another letter, which I threw away unopened.

Then the sent me more letters ... which began to piss me off.

So I'll not rescind my membership, but I won't believe in the "membership has benefits" thingie because it also incurs a burdensome number of annoying letters.

Today I got another letter .. I thought it was from the NRA but when I took another look I discoverd it was from AAA who wants to sell me insurance. (So I don't need the NRA, right?  I threw that one away ... I swear these folks use the same promotion agencies.)

The next letter was from someone who wanted to sell me funeral services.

Then came one which wanted to sell me a cemetery plot.

I've got the plot right here, guys.  I think you're all in cahoots.  I feel like I've been locked into one of those PONZI schemes.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quit complaining. At least you get mail from someone.

BillM said...


Call customer service (number on the back of your membership card)

Tell them you wish to receive no further promotions and mailings.
I did it years ago----the crap dropped off 99.99%.

Mark said...

Yes call it does work.