Sunday, January 24, 2016

Trumpiness Trumps Trump

Two weeks ago I wrote:

I do NOT like Donald Trump.  I'm outraged that this is the best candidate the Republicans can find....
I like everyone else on the Republican Report Card even less, because they seem like children.  ON ONE HAND, Trump is at least a grown up and understands money .... I'm just not sure that this is the same thing as being "a viable candidate" or "presidential timbre" (whatever that means).On the other hand, everyone who seems to be campaigning for the Democratic Nomination is so extreme that they make Trump seem rational.
I take it back.
Nothing can make Trump seem rational.

Now, I'm willing to settle for "not evil" (which lets Hillary out of the running).

But I'm not willing to give up the "Trainwreck" theme, as Trumps Billions have created an egomaniacal  monster ... (should I have said "megalomaniacal"?  I always seem to get those two mixed up) ... whose self-love is only exceeded by his disdain for any opinion other than his own.

Which puts him squarely in the same category as Obama, only with more money and more power.

So it would appear that there are NO candidates for President of the United States.  Rubio and that other guy whose name I can't remember have assumed the back seat, apparently hoping to be tagged for the VP spot when the country votes FOR The Donald and AGAINST The Hillary (who is soon to be wearing prison blues anyway;  I wonder how Trump engineered that one.)


Remember "I Have A Dream"?


That was probably the most powerful speech ever given during the 20th century.  I would have voted for that man.

Compare that with this:



While I'm opposed to unrestricted immigration, this ad makes my teeth hurt.

So, I will officially oppose Donald Pouty-Lips as soon as I find a Republican who can beat Hillary Clinton.

Any suggestions?

Anybody?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you liked MLK, why don't you like Dr. Carson? I think he would make a pretty good, level headed president. Also I doubt he would be a dictator.