Thursday, May 21, 2015

Shooting Sports ... it's the people we meet that make it worth-while

A couple of days ago, I received an email from a friend who had volunteered to officiate at a State Match for USPSA competition.

There were a couple of Range Officers who did not have 'timers', and unfortunately that had been overlooked during the match timing.

So my friend got online to his associates, and asked if anyone could loan one to the two Range Officer Volunteers who needed one.

I had one, and offered it to him.  He responded that he already had received one from someone else, and thanks for the offer.

Today, he posted this email message to his circle of friends:

I really love this sport.I think the world of the people that belong to our clubs.
I asked if we could barrow a timer, and within 6 hours I had 7 offers with more still coming in. 
I now have one in my possession.
Thanks folks, your the best.           WALT

He's right, of course.  The joy of competitive shooting isn't just that you get to blast a lot of rounds 'down-range'.  It's that you meet the nicest, most polite, and most generous people in the world through shooting sports.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In other words you meet gun nuts.

Mark said...

Yea for the gun culture!